District School Based Flu Clinic
Date: Thursday - November 04, 2010 Time: 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM Location: J.H. Gaudet Middle Schoo
For additional information: http://www.health.ri.gov/flu/about/clinics/school/index.php
The school-based flu vaccination program this year will be very similar to last year's program during the response to H1N1 flu. School-based flu vaccination clinic for MPS students will take place on Nov 4th. You should have received a packet of information about these clinics from your child's school. To have your child vaccinated against the flu at a school-based clinic:
- Review the Vaccine Information Statements for this year's flu vaccine.
- Sign and date a Flu Vaccination Consent Form.
- Return the Flu Vaccination Consent Form to your child's school nurse as soon as possible.
Here are some important facts to keep in mind about school-based flu vaccination clinics:
- This year's seasonal flu vaccine will protect against both seasonal flu and H1N1 flu.
- You have the option of bringing your child to his or her school's flu vaccination clinic or to his or her healthcare provider for flu vaccine.
- If you choose to have your child vaccinated at school, your child will only be vaccinated at his or her own school's clinic. This clinic may or may not be held at your child's school (see schedule).
- In general, clinics for high school students will run during school hours and clinics for younger children will run during the evening. The MHS clinic is December 7th. High school students can attend the Nov 4 clinic.