10 Random Acts of Kindness
Simple ideas to inspire random acts of kindness that you could do today and everyday.
"My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness." - Dalai Lama
- Share a positive blog post with the community. Tell your church, family or special someone that you appreciate them.
- Let someone go in front of you a the grocery store. The person will appreciate the gesture and it will give you an opportunity to flip through a magazine.
- Return a shopping cart. Store employees will be grateful and the physical activity is good for you.
- Thank a police officer for the work they do. Nobody likes to get a ticket, pulled over or arrested, so a “thank you” can go a long way. Want to do it right now? Comment on an arrest log.
- Forgive yourself the next time you feel like you screwed up.
- Make a point of being kind to someone you dislike. You don’t know where that person has been or what that person is going through.
- Complain less. Misery is contagious and positive conversation makes others feel good. Listen more.
- Make a positive comment on a blog. It is inspirational for the writer to know his or her voice was heard.
- Wear your seat belt. According to the U.S. Department of Transportation, seat belts save over 11,000 lives each year. Do it for the people who love you.
- Leave a generous tip. A few extra dollars will not make a difference in your day, but the gesture will be appreciated by your waiter or waitress.
Share your ideas for kindness in the comments section below!