There are only two days until Christmas, and if you still have to do your shopping, but don’t have a lot of time, we’ve got you covered with five gifts that anyone would be thrilled with.
- The Newport County Dinner Club is the gift that keeps on giving. This member’s card offers two for one dining at 75 restaurants in Newport County during both lunch and dinner hours. Some restrictions apply, but for the person on your list who loves to eat out, you can’t go wrong with this gift. Pick one up for $20 at NewportFed, Shaw’s, Walgreens, the Gateway Center, or their own offices at 28 Pelham Street.
- With so many wonderful organizations in the City by the Sea, the gift of a membership to one of them will offer your gift recipient a year full of activities that suit their interests. Consider memberships to the Newport Art Museum for the artist on your list, the Redwood Library for the bookworm, the Norman Bird Sanctuary for the entire family, the International Tennis Hall of Fame for the tennis buff, or the Preservation Society for that person who loves to take in all the events at the mansions.
- Everyone has a spot in Newport that’s near and dear to their hearts. Whether it’s the Cliff Walk, Brenton Point, the harbor, or Second Beach, local artists have captured these spots in beautiful paintings at Harbor Fine Art. Whether you’re looking for something small or a huge piece to put over the mantle, the gift of art is thoughtful and will be cherished for many years to come.
- If you need to do all your shopping in one spot, consider a gift card to the Newport Restaurant Group. No matter where you’re gift recipient lives in the state there’s a restaurant where they can use the card. If they prefer cocktails at Castle Hill, steak at 22 Bowen’s, family style at Trio or overlooking the capitol city at Hemingway’s, the hardest part of receiving this gift might just be deciding at which of the group’s eight restaurants to use it at. And if you buy $500 worth of gift cards, you get an additional $100 gift card for free. Pick one up at any of their restaurants.
- Whether the person on your list could use a little help in the kitchen or already loves to cook, the gift of cooking classes through Newport Cooks! is educational, fun, and provides a delicious meal all in one night out. Upcoming classes in the New Year include bread baking, fondue, Indian food, the cuisine of French Normandy, and homemade pasta making. Sign them up for a class you think they’ll enjoy or give them a gift certificate for the experience. Call 293-0740 for more information.