Easton's Point Sewer Spot Repair Begins Today
Provided by the Town of Middletown
In advance of a slip-lining project, the town is making spot repairs to the existing sewer lines within the Easton’s Point Neighborhood. This neighborhood includes the following streets: Tuckerman Avenue, Wolcott Avenue, Kane Avenue, Ashurst Avenue, Crest Street South, Stimpson Street, Easton Terrace, O’Donnell Way, O’Donnell Road, James Street, Sunset Hill Road, White Terrace, Kent Road & Hoover Road.
Shore Drive will be reviewed when the Esplanade Drainage Project is nearing completion.
Repair sections are identified in our CCTV report prepared by National Water Main Cleaning Company. Contractor will have to sawcut, excavate and repair sewer issues such as laterals, misaligned joints, pipe sags, or broken pipes.
Excavations will be backfilled, compacted and patched temporarily; these areas will be patched permanently as weather permits. New and replacement manholes will be installed as needed.
Results of Public Informational Meeting held for Easton Point residents January 3, 2013 at Town Hall:
1) It was explained this project is separate from the ongoing Esplanade Drainage project.
2) Depending on weather, East Coast Construction will begin work on the 14th of January. Work schedule will be Monday thru Friday 7:00 am to 4:00pm.
3) Work will begin on Ashurst Avenue and progress in a uniform westerly direction. Roads will be passable during construction activities, although residents are encouraged to seek alternate routes around the construction area.
4) A 24 hour advance notice will be distributed asking households to not use water during a four hour window. This will allow the contractor to work on the existing sanitary sewer lateral.
5) Sewer laterals will be replaced from the main line in street to the property line.
6) Residents are asked to notify the Town Engineer of any special events or plans that require special accommodations, such as weddings, birthdays, moving schedules, etc.
7) There will be no interruption to services, including police, fire, rescue, school buses, trash pick up, and mail.
8) If you have any questions or any need to share information, please contact Warren Hall at 401-418-0413 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org