Friday: The Weekend Guide
A look at what's happening this weekend in and around Middletown.
1. Middletown High School's Drama club presents "The Man Who Came to Dinner", a comedy set in the home of wealthy Ohio factory owner.
2. "My Best Friends Closet" consignment sale happens this weekend, a three-day sale for women's designer clothing, accessories, handbags, shoes, & costume jewelry.
3. The Rhode Island Wild Plant Society presents "Lichen Diversity in Rhode Island" at Norman Bird Sanctuary. An introductory talk on the most common lichen species found on Aquidneck Island, then walk through woodlands and along the Purgatory Conglomerate or "puddingstone" ridges of the Hanging Rock Trail to a view of the Atlantic Ocean.
4. Friends of Glen Manor House hosts "Tea-Licious: Fashion, Food, and Fun for Ladies of All Ages." Little ladies (5 & up) will enjoy making crafts, seeing a fashion show, modeling their own party dresses, and enjoying a French tea.
5. Newport Children's Theatre proudly presents "Peter Pan" at Portsmouth Middle School.