Welcome back, Patch Blogger!
Friday: The Weekend Guide
A look at what's happening in and around Middletown this weekend.
‹ Back to Article
Potter League volunteer, Mickie Musselman, of Jamestown, comforts Abe, an 8-year-old Himalayan mix.
A Woman's Worth Conference
- The Potter League will hold a Volunteer Orientation on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Anyone interested in volunteering at the shelter must complete a volunteer orientation session. Those under age 15 must be accompanied by an adult. Pre-registration is required and can be done by calling 846-8276.
- Able Mind & Body will host "A Woman's Worth" conference designed to empower and motivate women on Saturday from 12 to 6 p.m. The day's events will include presentations including "A Womans Mind" by Lisa Duzy, MFT, "A Woman's Determination" by Pamela Moffatt Limoges, "A Woman's Safety" by JoAnne M. Waite, LMFT, and "A Woman's Will & A Woman's Body and Soul" by Life Coach Jackie Henderson. The cost is $90. Call 619-5505 to register.
- Empire Tea & Coffee will host a free screening of the documentary Fuel as part of its Environmental Movie Night series on Friday from 6 to 9 p.m. After the film, representatives from Newport Biodiesel will address the audience. There will also be a raffle in which two people will win a free copy of the film with all of the proceeds going to continuing environmental education in the community.
- The Newport Art Museum’s Winter Lecture Series will host Richard E. Greenwood, Deputy Director of the Rhode Island Historical Preservation and Heritage Commission to present “Out to Pasture: Colonial to Present Day Dairy Farming in Rhode Island” on Saturday at 2 p.m. Admission is $10 for members or $15 for non-members.
- Channing Church will host the Musica Dolce Chamber Music Concert on Sunday at 2 p.m. The concert will include a Piano Quintet by Dvorak, a Piano Quintet by Mozart, and the Piano Quintet in C Minor Opus 1 by Dohnanyi. Tickets are available at the door and are $20 for general admission, $10 for students, and free for those under age 12.
, Environmental Movie Night
, Musica Dolce
, Newport Art Museum Winter Lecture Series
, Newport Biodiesel
, and Potter League Volunteer Orientation