In an effort to accommodate the health concerns of our visitors the schedule of events for Homecoming Friday has changed. We are looking forward to a fun filled and family friendly series of events to celebrate our students, families and community.
Come join us as we our cheer our Islanders to victory!!!
Friday, October 12, 2012
Here’s what you need to know:
Important Gate Information at the Gaudet Turf Field – Be aware that ALL individuals attending any of the events slated for the Gaudet Turf Field MUST pay the entrance fee of $5 for adults and $3 for students (13-18) and seniors. Kids under the age of 13 are admitted free. MHS Season Passes will be honored.
The Parade will step off from MHS at 2:30pm with floats from each class, MHS faculty and their families, the Islander Marching Band and Chorus.
- MHS will dismiss their students at the regular time and will traffic will be supported by Middletown Police.
- Parade floats will gather at the bottom of the hill on the practice fields and will begin float coordination as early as 1:15pm.
- Band students are asked to bring their uniforms into school at the beginning of the day so they may change after school and save a trip home.
- The mystery Pep Rally decoration committee will perform their magic at the stands at Gaudet prior to the Parade Step Off.
- Middletown Police will provide traffic control on the parade route from MHS to Valley Road to East Main Road to Wyatt then to Turner Road.
- The Pep Rally for the game will begin at 3:00pm at the Gaudet Turf Field
- Come join in the fun as the MHS Cheerleaders and class leaders get the crowd pumped up for the contest to follow.
- The Middletown Athletic Boosters will be ready with delectable delights as the Concession Stand will be open and selling yummy treats and dinner items. They will also have Middletown Spirit-wear available for sale.
- The Middletown Alumni Association will have a booth looking for contact information for MHS past graduates.
GOLF BALL DROP
- The Middletown Music Boosters will be conducting their Annual Golf Ball Drop on the Gaudet Field at 3:15pm directly following the Pep Rally. Tickets for golf balls are still on sale at $10 a ball. There are great money prizes available. You need not be present to win. Although we highly recommend it! Please contact the main office at MHS 846-7250 for more information.
- The Middletown Islander Varsity Football team will take the field at 3:30pm for warm ups.
- Kick off is at 4:30pm! Please refer to ticket information at the top
of this announcement.
- Wear your Middletown Blue and support the home team against Lincoln.
- The PowderPuff Football Game will be played on Saturday, October 13, 2012 from 11:00am to 1:00pm at Middletown High School. This event is free and open to the public.
- The Homecoming Dance is scheduled for Saturday, October 13, 2012 from 8:00pm to 11:00pm. All tickets MUST be purchased in dvance. Tickets are $10. Ticket sales will close on Friday by 12:30pm. NO TICKETS WILL BE SOLD AFTER FRIDAY AFTERNOON – NO EXCEPTIONS.
GOT BLUE? WE DO!