MPD Make 8 Arrests Over Saint Patrick's Day Weekend
The following arrests were reported by the Middletown Police Department. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
Saturday, March 16
- Floretta Ivey, 33, of 90 Girard Ave., Apt #134, Newport was arrested around 1:26 p.m. on charges of driving under the influence and for driving with a suspended license. Middletown police said she was found asleep in her car, with her foot on the brake and the car on. Her mouth was full of a chewed doughnut and she had a full cup of coffee in her lap, said police. She allegedly said she had took morphine, methadone and oxycodone that morning. Middletown Fire Department responded and transported Ivey to Newport Hospital.
- Matthew Mezick, 25, of 48 Wendy Road, Milford, Conn. was arrested on a driving while under the influence charge around 8:19 p.m. He was also cited with refusal to submit to a chemical test, presence of alcohol while operating a motor vehicle and a roadway violation.
- Two people were arrested after police responded to 113 Center Ave. for a report of a fight. Robert McGeary, 28, was charged with disorderly conduct and Jessica Albonizio, 29, was charged with simple assault. They both live at 55 Thompson St. Apt #2A, East Haven, Conn., and had rented the house for Saint Patrick’s Day, said police. The couple allegedly got into a fight with family members after drinking all day at the parade, said police. Albonizio allegedly attacked a 33-year-old female and a 26-year-old female.
- Luis Collazo, 35, of 95 Langdon St., Providence was arrested on a felony, third offense, domestic protective order violation and for driving with a suspended license. Police pulled him over for running a stop sign on High Street. A search turned up he had a protective order between him and the passenger.
- Jayro Catlin, 23, of 298 Broadway, Providence was arrested on a bench warrant charge out of the Sixth District Court for failure to appear in court.
Sunday, March 17
- Jillean Mulcahey, 25, of 109 Tobie Ave., Pawtucket, was arrested around 2:35 a.m. on charges of driving under the influence and for possession of marijuana. She was also cited with refusal to take a chemical test and two driving violations.
- Joseph Kendrigan, 28, of 2 Suppican, Fairhaven, Mass. was arrested around 1:45 a.m. on charges of driving under the influence. He was also cited for refusal to submit to a chemical test and for a driving violation.