MPD Make Eights Arrests This Weekend
The following arrests were reported by the Middletown Police Department. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
- Richard Santos, 57, of 224 Gray St., Providence, was arrested on Sunday around 10:41 p.m. after a driver called to report that his black RAV4 was driving erratically and was almost involved in a head-on collision on West Main Road.
Police reported that he smelled of alcohol and appeared to be heavily intoxicated. He failed the field sobriety tests and was brought into the station where he registered a blood alcohol content of .194 and .189, said police. He said he was going to sue the Middletown Police Department, but he was unsure for what.
He was charged with a DUI of .15 and greater, driving on suspended license, speeding 10 mph over, laned roadway violations and operation of an unregistered vehicle.
- Jose Monterroso, 34, of 21 Warner St., Newport, was arrested on Sunday around 10:41 p.m. on a violation of a protective order.
- Darlene Ayala, 44, of Admiralty Dr., was arrested on Sunday around 8:30 p.m. on a bench warrant for failure to appear in court.
- Robert Ibbotson, 23, of 366 Hope St., was arrested on Sunday 9:10 p.m. on an active bench warrant for failure to appear in court.
- Evan Trifero, 22, of 14 Bayview Park, was arrested on Saturday around 9:15 p.m. on a bench warrant. When police responded to arrest Trifero his mother allegedly yelled at the arresting officer, said he hated him, was going to “get him” and would report him to CNN. According to state records, Trifero was arrested for disorderly conduct by the Narragansett Police Department and failed to appear in court.
- Dustin Sullo, 24, of 67 Summer St. was arrested on Saturday for a bench warrant.
- Michael Pullen, 30, of 425 East Main Road was arrested on Friday around 1:18 a.m. after police responded to the Ramada Inn on East Main Road for a report of a domestic disturbance. Pullen was allegedly extremely intoxicated and threw his girlfriend to the ground in the hallway.