Today: Forecast Calls For High Pollen Count, Book Talk, Best Party
Here's a look at what's happening in and around Middletown on this Thursday, May 5, 2011.
As we inch and claw our way to the weekend, here are some primers:
- Those who've recently bemoaned they never had allergies until this year should admit defeat and get familiar with the pollen.com website, which predicts some miserable days beginning today and lasting through the weekend. Then go to CVS, Walgreens or Rite-Aid for some OTC meds that will do the trick.
- Tonight at 6:30 p.m. at Island Books, get in on the discussion of Craig Mullaney's book, "The Unforgiving Minute."
- Need to get away? At 8:30 a.m., the Newport County Chamber of Commerce hosts Donovan Travel and Collette Vacations for some FYI on how to get some R&R.
- Tonight, party with the best of them from 7 to 9 p.m. at Newport Life's big annual "Soirée" to toast this year's "Best of" winners.
- Will blue skies grace Middletown today? Is the rain going away for a while? Do I need a sweater? Find out here.