"All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players." - WS
Speaking of Shakespeare and players, Thursday's lineup offers much in the way of sports and literature, along with a little something for fans of the "Bay":
- The Middletown Parks & Recreation Department is now taking registrations for three super popular summer programs: Junior Lifeguard, wrestling and beginner tennis lessons for kids ages 8 to 12. See the PDF form in the image gallery for more information.
- From 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. tonight at Island Books, Portsmouth resident and former NBA basketball player Chris Herren and co-author Providence Journal columnist Bill Reyonlds will discuss their new book, "Basketball Junkie: A Memoir," take questions and sign copies.
- The Middletown Public Library is welcoming lovers and readers of Shakespeare to join the group, "The Bard is Here." They meet Thursday from 5 to 6 p.m. Bring your own collected volume or borrow the library's copy for that night.
- Save The Bay's 41st Annual Meeting happens tonight on the south shore with an impressive lineup of local environmentalists scheduled to speak at Easton's Beach from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $25.
- Newport Gulls volunteers are meeting up from 6:30 to 8 p.m. tonight at the Newport County YMCA. Go Gulls!
Do you have more events to add to Middletown Patch’s events calendar? Simply sign up as a Patch user to freely add your own listings or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.