Today: Free Starbucks, Scholarship Deadlines and Keith Stokes on the State Budget
A look at what's happening in and around Middletown.
Time is running out this week to apply for some local scholarships. Plus, find out how to get free coffee on Friday from Starbucks' Earth Day giveaway, and more:
- Put that reusable cup to good use tomorrow when Starbucks gives away free coffee on Friday, April 22, to anyone who brings in their own reusable commuter mug as a company-wide Earth Day promotion. Middletown's two Starbucks are located inside the Barnes & Noble and at Two-Mile Corner.
- If you want a thousands bucks for college, you better act fast. The Newport County Realtors Association scholarship application deadline is April 30, 2011. Click here for details.
- The Rhode Island Foundation also has some great scholarships to give away with deadlines fast approaching this week. Get your application in now!
- Brown-bag it today and make some business connections. The Chamber of Commerce hosts its regular Women in Business Brown Bag Lunch today.
- Think you can stomach a more in-depth look at the state's FY 2012 budget over lunch? Then join the Chamber of Commerce's special luncheon today in Newport with Keith Stokes, executive director of the Rhode Island Economic Development Corp., and Paul Dion, chief officer of the Rhode Island Department of Revenue. Together, they'll give an overview of the state budget and how it will hit businesses and taxes throughout Newport County.