Thanksgiving is upon us and the majority of businesses and government offices will be closed in celebration of the holiday. Here's a look at what's open and closed today, Thursday, Nov. 24, in Newport and Middletown:
U.S. Post Office — All location of the post office are closed, and there will be no mail delivery today.
Newport and Middletown Public Schools — Closed all day.
Newport City Hall and Middletown Town Hall— Closed all day.
Newport and Middletown Libraries — Closed all day.
Middletown Senior Center — Closed all day.
- Shaw’s is closed.
- Stop & Shop, all locations, are closed.
- Sweet Berry Farm, 915 Mitchell’s Lane, will be open from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- A Market Natural Foods is closed.
Restaurants and Retail Stores
- Restaurants and stores will be open at their own discretion. Please call ahead.
- All banks are closed.
- Rhode Island Public Transit Authority (RIPTA) will operate under its Sunday/holiday schedule today. To view schedules, click here.
- All state offices are closed today.
Federal Offices, Stock Market
- Federal offices will be closed.
- The Stock Markets will be closed today, and will close early at 1 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 25.
- Newport YMCA is closed.
- Newport Athletic Club is closed.
- Bridge to Fitness, 951 Aquidneck Avenue, will be open from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Pulse Newport is closed.
- Innerlight Yoga, 850 Aquidneck Avenue, will have a Rock 'n Sweat Yoga class at 9 a.m. and a Gentle Yoga class at 9:30 a.m. to benefit the Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Center. Admission is by donation of a non-perishable food item or hygiene product.