You Now Have a New Place to Buy an E-ZPass
AAA has launched a pilot program with the bridge authority.
The Rhode Island Turnpike and Bridge Authority's office near the Newport Bridge is now not the only place you can purchase an E-ZPass.
AAA has announced a new pilot program with RITBA, whereby all of its Rhode Island branches will now sell the E-ZPass transponders. They can be purchased for $20.95, plus the initial load amount.
AAA Members will receive a $2 credit towards their toll balance just by signing up for a new E-ZPass account at one of the participating AAA Offices.
Eligible vehicles include those that are two axle, 4-tire individually owned/leased vehicles, 7,000 pounds max gross weight, including pickups and RVs with dual rear tires and motorcycles.
Anyone driving one of the following vehicles must still purchase the E-ZPass at RITBA.
- Buick Roadmaster – All
- Cadillac Catera – 99-01
- Chevrolet Lumina Van – Prior to 2002
- Chevrolet Venture – Prior to 2002
- Ford Crown Victoria* – 1987-1994
- Ford Taurus* – Prior to 1995
- Oldsmobile Silhouette – Prior to 2002
- Pontiac Trans Sport – Prior to 2002
- Pontiac Montana – Prior to 2002
- Subaru SVX – All
More details can be found here.