Invite a friend
Darrell West Lecture: "Politics 2012: What's Going On?"
Darrell West, VP of Governance Studies and Director of Technology Innovation at the Brookings Institution will speak on the upcoming year in politics in this election year.
This is the first session of the Newport Art Museum's Winter Lecture Series which takes place each Saturday at 2 p.m.
Admission is $10 for members and $15 for non-members, or discounted season passes are available for all 8 lectures.
|Where||Newport Art Museum 76 Bellevue Ave, Newport, RI 02840|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Who to bring||Everyone|
More About Newport Art Museum
The Newport Art Museum exhibits the contemporary and historic art of Newport , Rhode Island and Southeastern New England. Memberships grant unlimited general admission and significant discounts to events, special programs and art classes year-round. The museum is located at 76 Bellevue. It’s main building is a National Historic Landmark – the 1864 John Griswold family summer house. The Art Association of Newport (now the Newport Art Museum) purchased the property from Griswold’s heirs in 1916. Subsequently expanded, Griswold House was the first major commission in Newport for architect Richard Morris Hunt, who went on to design the Breakers and Marble House, both on Bellevue.
The Museum’s three-building campus also includes the Coleman Center for Creative Studies in the Gilbert S. Kahn Building, which houses the Museum’s art school, and the Cushing Gallery, which is named after Howard Gardiner Cushing (an early member of the museum). The Newport Art Museum hosts concerts, family programs, live theatre, gallery talks, lunch-hour discussions, lectures, after-hours social events and more year-round. Major events include Wet Paint weekend in August when “still wet” artworks created by hundreds of artists in a single day are sold at auction, and an elegant summer gala held each year in July.
Other events here
- Photo Guild presents Peter Silvia Today, Jun 19, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Murder at the Museum: Newport Nuptials June 22, 2013 / July 13, 2013 / August 3, 2013 / August 24, 2013, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Murder at the Museum: Portrait of a Killer July 6, 2013 / July 27, 2013 / August 10, 2013 / August 31, 2013 / September 7, 2013 / September 21, 2013, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- MUSEUMS ON US Monthly, 12:00 pm–4:00 pm
- PM Picnic - The Ravers Wed, Jul 10, 6:00 pm
- Gallery Talk with McDonald Wright Thu, Jul 11, 6:00 pm
- PM Picnic - The Honky Tonk Knights Wed, Jul 17, 6:00 pm
- Newport Art Museum Summer Gala Sat, Jul 20, 6:30 pm–12:00 am
- PM Picnic - "The Comedy of Errors" Wed, Jul 24, 6:00 pm
- PM Picnic - The Elderly Brothers Wed, Jul 31, 6:00 pm