The storm is expected to start dumping snow across the area late Tuesday afternoon, intensifying overnight before coming to an end Wednesday morning. Snowfall totals vary depending on which forecaster you listen to, but all local forecasts agree Rhode Islanders will have at least several inches in their yards by Wednesday morning. See the projections here.
To stay up to date on the snowstorm, follow us on Facebook and subscribe to our breaking news alerts.
- Middletown police have issued a parking ban beginning at noon on Tuesday.
- The City of Newport will enforce a parking ban at 7 p.m. Tuesday. See what streets are impacted here.
trash collectionMiddletown trash and Christmas tree collection will be impacted due to the snowstorm. See the new schedule here.
closings and delaysschools
- Newport Public Schools afternoon activities canceled Tuesday and closed Wednesday
- Middletown Public Schools afternoon activities canceled Tuesday and closed Wednesday
- The Met School afternoon activities canceled Tuesday and closed Wednesday
- All Saints Academy afternoon activities canceled Tuesday and closed Wednesday
- CCRI (All Campuses) have canceled classes/activities from; 4 p.m. Tuesday until 4 p.m. Wednesday
- Salve Regina closed Wednesday
- The Newport Skating Center will be closed today because of the impending storm and plans to reopen Wednesday at 5 p.m
- Newport Art Museum: Coleman Center; closed after 4 p.m. Tuesday
- Newport Grand Slots: Closing at 5 p.m. Tuesday
- The workshop with the Newport School Committee and the Newport City Council, scheduled for Wednesday, Jan. 22 has been cancelled. There is no reschedule date at this time.
- Middletown Town Council meeting cancelled ; Rescheduled to Monday, Jan. 27
- Newport Naval War College closed Wednesday
- Peoples Credit Union in Middletown: Delayed opening until noon Tuesday
- CODAC - Newport: All patients bring TH box Tuesday; Closed Wednesday
- St Lucy - Middletown: Adult Ed Cancelled, Tuesday
- CrossPoint Church: Closed This Evening; No Bible Study; CORE Canceled
volunteers needed!If you are able-bodied and willing, Serve Rhode Island is recruiting volunteers to shovel snow for elderly, disabled and other residents in need. Read more here.
sleddingSee the best sledding hills on Aquidneck Island here.
Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | Sign up for our newsletter