- The Gaudet School PTG will honor those who have served the nation by leading a free from the school to a flagraising ceremony at All Vets and then on to Miantonomi Tower, which will be open for tours at 12:30 p.m. The group will gather at the Turner Road parking lot of the at 10:45 a.m., and all participants should pack a backpack with lunch and water.
- The will hold its , a classic holiday fair, featuring crafts, bake sale items, a silent auction, lunch, and more on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Join Clean Ocean Access and Portsmouth High School for a at on Saturday from noon to 2 p.m. to help keep our shores beautiful.
- The and Ocean State Poets will hold ," a poetry reading and writing workshop and open mic on Saturday from 3 to 4:30 p.m. Those wishing to participate or just listen to poetry are welcome to attend, and admission is free.
- The will hold its 6th Annual on Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. to benefit Hasbro Children’s Hospital. There will be more than 35 vendors showing their wares, Santa will be on hand at 2 p.m. both days for photos, and the first 100 customers will receive door prizes. All are welcome and admission is free.
- For the second time in its history, RIPTA will allow runners to cross the Newport Pell Bridge on Sunday at 6:30 a.m. as part of the . Runners will be shuttled to the Jamestown side of the bridge, where the 4.2-mile race will begin. Runners will race over the bridge and into downtown Newport to the finish line at the Washington Square Citizens Bank, all to benefit local charities such as the Martin Luther King, Jr. Center, Special Olympics of RI, Operation Stand Down RI, and Meeting Street.
- Join Child & Family Services for their 28th Annual event at the Hyatt Regency at 5:30 p.m. on Sunday. More than 50 local chefs will contribute to a sit down buffet filled with appetizers, entrees, and desserts, and there will be a silent auction featuring items such as artwork, getaways, and dining experiences. Tickets are $100 per person.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something