- The will host its celebration on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Crafts, cookie decorating, face painting, make your own ornament, and storytime by the fire will entertain the kids indoors, while the Polar Express Barrel Train will offer rides outside. Refreshments will be available and there will be a raffle and bake sale as well. Tickets the day of the event are $9 for adults, $7 for children ages 3 to 12 for non-members or $7 for adults and $5 for children ages 3 to 12 for members. A $2 discount is offered to those who purchase tickets in advance.
- will offer a Baptist Style Vinyassa class on Saturday at 1 p.m., taught by Amanda Rubio. Admission is only by $25 donation to the Rhode Island Food Bank.
- The Newport Skating Center will hold its on Friday at 5:45 p.m. The ice might not be quite ready yet, but everyone who attends will receive a 2-for-1 skate pass to bring back anytime during the season. They can also enjoy hot cider and cocoa, treats, and a visit from Santa, Mrs. Claus, and their elves.
- From 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturday, will host its co-sponsored by the . This tree-decorating contest will hand out cash prizes for best trees. There will be a tree-lighting ceremony at 5 p.m., along with visits from Santa, storytellers, and food and hot beverages available for purchase. Admission is $2 and includes a voting ballot so you can cast your vote for favorite decorations.
- The will hold a free screening of the holiday movie, ," sponsored by . A canned good donation is requested upon entrance to be donated to the