- Does your dog have moves? Bring your pup to a free trial at the Potter League on Friday at 6 p.m. for first time attendees. Registration is required by calling 846-8276.
- Newport Cooks! will offer a class in on Saturday at 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. The class will be led by Chef Christy Erickson-Prior. Participation costs $55 and you can register by calling 293-0740.
- The will screen on Saturday at 6:15 p.m. Families are encouraged to bring blankets, chairs, and light snacks and refreshments to watch this film on the big screen in the gym. Admission is free for those with Family Memberships to the YMCA and $5 for up to four non-member family members.
- The Middletown Education Collaborative will host its at Ochre Court on Saturday at 7 p.m. The event will feature the music of the James Montgomery Band along with hors d’ouvres, a cash bar, silent auction, and raffle. All proceeds will go to fund educational grants in the Middletown Public Schools. Tickets are $50.
- Join author Ira Rottenberg for storytime as he reads his book at on Monday at 1 p.m. while the Newport Academy of Ballet performs in the background. Grab a voucher at the front desk and a portion of the proceeds from any purchases you make that afternoon will be donated to the Newport Academy of Ballet. The Academy will also have dance activities for the children, and Rottenberg will be available to sign books that will be available for purchase.
And be sure to check out all of the things happening in Newport this weekend here.