- The sports teams have a busy weekend lined up. The will take on Juanita Sanchez High School at 7 p.m. at home on Friday night. The will compete against East Greenwich High School at 1 p.m. at the Hockey Rink, and the Team will compete against Barrington, N. Kingstown, and S. Kingstown at the at 3:30 p.m.
- The is offering a free for first-timers who want to see if they’re dogs will enjoy the class on Saturday from 1 to 2 p.m. Pre-registration is required and can be done by calling 846-8276.
- The will present a lecture on with Walter Schroeder at 2 p.m. at the . Admission is $5 per person or $7 per family. This is the first of three lectures the Middletown Historical Society is offering throughout the winter.
- The Newport Children’s Theater will present at Rogers High School on Friday at 7 p.m., Saturday at 1 p.m. and 7 p.m., and Sunday at 4 p.m. Tickets are $10 for adults, $8 for seniors, and $6 for children under 12.
- The Newport Parks & Recreation Department will host on Friday night from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Admission is $9 for adults and $7 for children 12 and under.
- Saturday is at the Skate Newport from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. The public is invited to donate new or gently used coats to the Amica Coat Drive to benefit the Saint Joseph’s Soup Kitchen as well as to participate in the blood drive that will be taking place from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Blood donors will receive their choice of a Skate for Free pass or one pound of Dunkin’ Donuts coffee. The rink will also be requesting $1 donations for the RI Special Olympics and will match each dollar donated. There will also be kids’ activities from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. along with free Dunkin’ Donuts samples and free hot chocolates.
- The Newport Art Museum’s Winter Lecture Series will kick off on Saturday at 2 p.m. with Darrell West, VP of Governance Studies and Director of Technology Innovation at the Brookings Institution. West will speak on The series will continue each Saturday through February 25. Admission is $10 for members or $15 for non-members.
- will offer a class focusing on Italian, Swiss and French Fondue on Sunday at 5 p.m. The class is $55 and is BYOB. Register by calling 293-0740.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something