- The will hold a on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Anyone interested in volunteering at the shelter must complete a volunteer orientation session. Those under age 15 must be accompanied by an adult. Pre-registration is required and can be done by calling 846-8276.
- Able Mind & Body will host designed to empower and motivate women on Saturday from 12 to 6 p.m. The day's events will include presentations including "A Womans Mind" by Lisa Duzy, MFT, "A Woman's Determination" by Pamela Moffatt Limoges, "A Woman's Safety" by JoAnne M. Waite, LMFT, and "A Woman's Will & A Woman's Body and Soul" by Life Coach Jackie Henderson. The cost is $90. Call 619-5505 to register.
- will host a free screening of the documentary Fuel as part of its series on Friday from 6 to 9 p.m. After the film, representatives from Newport Biodiesel will address the audience. There will also be a raffle in which two people will win a free copy of the film with all of the proceeds going to continuing environmental education in the community.
- The ’s Winter Lecture Series will host Richard E. Greenwood, Deputy Director of the Rhode Island Historical Preservation and Heritage Commission to present on Saturday at 2 p.m. Admission is $10 for members or $15 for non-members.
- will host the on Sunday at 2 p.m. The concert will include a Piano Quintet by Dvorak, a Piano Quintet by Mozart, and the Piano Quintet in C Minor Opus 1 by Dohnanyi. Tickets are available at the door and are $20 for general admission, $10 for students, and free for those under age 12.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something