- The Norman Bird Sanctuary will host Bird Tales for children ages 3 ½ to 6 years old at 10 a.m. This session’s story will be Crickwing and it will be followed by a craft and a nature hike weather pending. Admission is $4 for members and $6 for non-members. Call 846-2577 to register.
- Rogers High School senior Michael O’Connell will present a screening of as part of his senior project at 7 p.m. at . The documentary takes a look at the way society treats its least fortunate members and a question and answer session will follow the film with Newport native and well-known Boston street doctor, Dr. James O’Connell. A $10 donation is requested to benefit the St. Joseph’s Church Soup Kitchen.
- The Newport Historical Society will host Dr. John Quinn as he presents at 5:30 p.m. at the . Quinn is a professor of history at Salve Regina University and will focus the lecture on the history of Catholics in Newport during the late 18th and early 19th centuries. Admission is $1 for members, $5 for non-members, and $4 for active duty military with ID. Call 841-8770 to reserve your spot.
- The will meet at 6:15 p.m. at the Fastnet Pub for a 5k run before gathering back at bar for a few drinks. This group meets weekly on Thursdays and welcomes runners of all skill and commitment levels.
- will hold a for those diagnosed with these diseases and their family members at 7 p.m. This support group is held on the first Thursday of each month.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something