- Did someone say “free lunch?” And I was going to get an iced coffee anyway.
- Storytime with Miss Lynn at Barnes & Noble this morning features “Cars Galore” by Peter Stein.
- Lots happening at the Sachuest Point National Wildlife Refuge Friday: Catch the seine net class at 1 p.m., then stick around for the 5 p.m. seminar, “Steps to Living a Greener Life.”
- Looking for good waves out on Second Beach? Swells are forecast to build Friday afternoon before peaking around 6 p.m., then continue through the early part of Saturday. After that, it'll look like a pond out there.
- On this day in 1958, the U.S. Congress passes legislation establishing the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), a civilian agency responsible for coordinating America's activities in space.