Find details of the job requirements here and download an application here.
Minimum Requirements for entry level police officers:
1. Must be at least 21 years of age as of the date of your application.
2. Must be a United States Citizen.
3. Must be a high school graduate or possess a G.E.D. certificate.
4. Must possess 60 Credits from an accredited college/university.
or 2 years continuous military service.
or 5 years continuous military reserve service.
or 2 years continuous service as a FT Federal, State, or Local Law Enforcement Officer or Correctional Officer.
5. Must possess a current valid driver's license at the time of appointment.
6. UPON APPOINTMENT to the position, must be a Rhode Island resident and reside within a 20-mile radius of the Middletown Police Department and/or have the ability to respond within 30 minutes.