The and Festival Fete announce the creation of Newport Hullabaloo, the waterfront’s newest pop-up party where locals of all ages can enjoy street performers and art while celebrating the sunset on select Wednesdays June 27, July 11 and July 18 from 5:30 p.m. to sundown. The event is free for all ages but tips for the entertainers are welcome.
Newport Hullabaloo attendees can enjoy cold beer, festive cocktails and comfort food favorites - from food trucks to ice cream stands - all while street performers, artists and contagious energy transform the wharf into a creative fete for families and singles alike. Interactive drum circles, live music, living art, bizarre costumed creatures and circus-like acts will conjure up a bit of magic while the sunset “sets” the scene aglow. Hullabaloo-goers can also make the merriment truly unforgettable with a fun photo strip from a Smashing Photo Booth where black and white or color photos and video can be taken and each can be saved with a personal message.
“We envision the Hullabaloo inspiring community spirit in Newport, Aquidneck Island and neighboring towns and drawing locals of all ages who are looking for a fun, creative experience to liven up their summer week,” said Michele Maker Palmieri, General Manager of the Newport Yachting Center. “We’re also excited to unveil our new open waterfront spaces at the venue where Hullabaloo guests can lounge dockside in an exhilarating atmosphere. Where else in downtown Newport can you enjoy hours of free entertainment? We welcome everyone to join us as we all “Hullabaloo’!”
The featured performers at Newport Hullabaloo will include:
• Rhode Island’s own Big Nazo employs a performance group of visual artists, puppet performers and masked musicians who create bizarre yet hilarious larger than life sized characters, environments and spectacles;
• Ten 31 Productions, whose founders have performed as two captivating Gargoyles at Providence Waterfire, providing high quality living art installations;
• All Hands Drumming featuring a drum circle of ten to thirty drums of various heights to accommodate children, youths and adults of all ages;
• Jungle Jim combines magic, storytelling, comedy and improv to tell his stories of world adventures…all with balloons!;
• Maurice & Acacia Skills Variety and Fire Show who perform gravity defying juggling, mesmerizing hoop dancing and an intense fire finale; and
• Daniel Forlano and his high caliber, charming, intelligent comedy with perfected circus skills and gymnastic plasticity.
Also displaying their considerable talents will be Irish fiddler Mary King, the Yo-Yo People, Mr. E Juggling, Amy The Mime and Hilby The Skinny German Juggling Boy!
Newport Hullabaloo is a collaboration with Festival Fete, a local art festival production company which helps create one-of-a-kind local art ‘happenings’ featuring mesmerizing interactive and strolling entertainment. A venture of OOP contemporary gift gallery founders, Jennifer Neuguth and David Riordan, Festival Fete combines their love and commitment to the local Rhode Island art scene with their more than 20-years of arts experience, including the organization of the Thayer Street Festival and DownCity Art Festival.
Sponsors of the Newport Hullabaloo are Yelp, Cardi’s Furniture, Smashing Booth Photo Rentals and RI Food Fights. The event’s non-profit partner is the Norman Bird Sanctuary. To keep up-to-date on all the exciting details about the Newport Hullabaloo, please visit newportwaterfrontevents.com.