Despite uncharacteristically warm temperatures this winter, spring has officially sprung! Although there might not be a difference in the temperature, the official start of a new season had small businesses around Middletown bustling with excitement on Tuesday.
Lori Scionti, the Horticulture Director at the on Aquidneck Ave, announced that pansies have arrived.
“It’s the first sign of spring,” she said as she worked outdoors.
Vlad Dayagdag of North Providence and Marga Larson of Portsmouth enjoyed burgers on the deck of which opened its outdoor seating Tuesday. Across the street at , contractors worked in short sleeved shirts to prepare their brick deck for outdoor seating this summer.
Merri Lade of said residents can stop by for an Espresso Martini and sit outside on the deck even on cooler spring days since they have recently installed patio heaters.
Matt Webster, who works at on Aquidneck Avenue, propped the door open to let in the spring air. He said once the days become consistently as warm as today, they will set up outdoor seating.
Where you can sit outside to eat and drink in Middletown:
- The deck opened Tuesday at . The seasonal specialty of fresh, native fried clams are back on the menu, starting today.
- A new, covered brick deck is being constructed at and Restaurant. It should be ready for diners by the summer.
- The patio will be open in the summer. Their outdoor menu includes burgers and clam cakes.
- offers a heated outside patio! Don’t forget they now offer alcoholic beverages.
- will provide outdoor seating once the weather stays consistently warm.