FRIDAY March 16
- There will be a at noon at the Middletown Senior Center, with Irish tunes at 2 p.m. by pianist Christine Wilbur. Call 849-8823 for more information.
- will host a . Doors open at 5:30 p.m. The free event will feature hors d’ouevres, a cash bar and pipe bands. Call 846-5081 for more information.
- Natalie Coolen will teach an at The Island Heron in Jamestown from 7 to 8 p.m. $22 adults/$17 under 18. The workshop is for all ages. Visit www.theislandheron.com/events for more information.
SATURDAY March 17
- The will be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Lean about Irish immigration to Newport County from the 1600s to the present.
- will hold a mass in honor of St. Patrick at 9 a.m.
- The Mayor’s reception will precede the parade at 10 a.m. at
- Irish Radio will cover the parade live on 1540 AM WADK from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. They will also play traditional and contemporary Irish and Irish influenced music. Rick Kelley will host. Irish Radio plays year-round from 12 to 2 p.m. on Saturdays.
- The will begin at City Hall at 11 a.m. The route will continue via Washington Square, Thames Street and Carroll Street, ending at St. Augustine’s Church. Ancient Order of Hibernians brother Chas Donovan is Grand Marshall.
- The Hut will hold a free post-parade family party following the parade at 1 p.m. There will be clowns, parade bands, food and refreshments.
- Hibernian Hall will hold aat 12 p.m. Get tickets in advance for $20. Call (401) 847-8671 for tickets and more information.
- will also celebrate St. Patrick’s Day immediately after the parade until 5 p.m. with music and sing-a-longs with David O’Manuel and Irish food.
- There will be a corned beef and cabbage dinner dance at 6 pm. at the Portsmouth Senior Center. Reserve tickets for $15 by calling 683-4106. Dancing begins at 7 p.m. with music by the Silvertones.
SUNDAY March 18
- There will be a Hibernian Mass in honor of St. Patrick at at 11 a.m.
- La Forge Casino will host from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. (401) 847-0418 for reservations.
- Fastnet will have a from 5 to 9 p.m. There will be no cover and is a family-friendly event.