1. Today is the first day of March, which means St. Patrick's Day will be here soon! The Ancient Order of Hibernians begins its celebration of Newport Irish Heritage Month, with events planned starting this weekend.
2. The Norman Bird Sanctuary is holding at 10 a.m.
3. John Ochsendorf, Associate Professor of Architecture at MIT, will present on the history and technology of Gustavino tile vaulting as is found in The Breakers and other mansions, at 11 a.m. The talk will be at the Elms.
4. A will meet at Newport Hospital at 7 p.m.
5. A will also meet tonight at 7 p.m. That meeting is at the Healing Co-op.
Editor's Note: An earlier version of this story noted that this month is Newport Irish History Month. It is Newport Irish Heritage Month.