1. Well, the St. Patrick's Day parade is Saturday. If there's one thing you should be planning for your weekend, it's all the festivities and fun that Newport has to offer on this holiday. Parade starts at 11 a.m., but watch Patch throughout the day today for more info on what to expect. Go for parking restriction info.
2. Get a head start on St. Paddy's Day by attending a Friday starting at noon.
3. All of the Newport Mansions are open daily now, effective Saturday.
4. Music in the Galleries returns to the Newport Art Museum. Start time is 2 p.m.
5. Salve Regina University celebrates the start of its French Film Festival Sunday with a screening at 7 p.m.