Is this a renaissance kind of day or what? Wine pairing, photography, literature, aerodynamics and Tai Chi are the order of the day on this Tuesday, March 29, 2011:
- Buddy Cianci must have had a great time at Island Books last week because he's already booked his return to Middletown—this time to the Middletown Public Library. Check out the video in the image gallery at upper right for the complete lowdown.
- Is a thick and confusing wine list all that stands between you and impressing that special date across the table? Learn how to decipher restaurant wine lists and make savvy decisions based on the food you're ordering. The $35 fee for this special wine class also includes a sample of four wines, instruction and light food samplers.
- Learn the basics of digital photography or brush up on your digi-photo skills. Registration is now open for four weekly Tuesday classes scheduled to begin April 5 at the Middletown Senior Center. Click here to learn more.
- Speaking of the library, don't miss this week's March 31 deadline to enter your paper airplane into the Middletown Public Library's Paper Pilot Contest for Kids. All plans will hang from the library's ceiling and judging will take place the first week in April.
- Looking for a therapeutic, gentle exercise that doesn’t require a health club membership or spending money? Check out the free Tai Chi practice sessions held every Tuesday and Friday from 8-9 a.m. at the Norman Bird Sanctuary.