- Rough Monday and need a good laugh? The Bit Players run seven nights a week.
- Need to unwind in more of a Zen way? Check out Monday night Yoga at the Norman Bird Sanctuary.
- Confused about roundabouts and want to hear from the engineers themselves? The Rhode Island Department of Transportation will make a presentation tonight at 6 p.m.
- Speaking of which, the Middletown Town Council meets tonight, with the earlier start time of 6 p.m. instead of 7 p.m. A is among the many items up for discussion. See the agenda in the image gallery at upper right.
- On this day in 1940, Franklin Delano Roosevelt was nominated for an unprecedented third term and he later went on to serve a four terms in office, the only U.S. president to serve more than two.