St. Columba’s Chapel in Middletown, RI is hosting their 22nd annual English Garden Party on Saturday, June 8, 2013 from 1:00pm until 5:00pm (rain or shine) on the church grounds at 55 Vaucluse Avenue (off Indian Avenue) in Middletown. Parishioners look forward to welcoming visitors and have been busy preparing a scrumptious tea (with scones, Devonshire cream and much more), collecting a Treasure Trove of salable items of all kinds, baking for the Plentiful Pantry, arranging flowers for the Chapel Flower Festival, and organizing an array of children’s activities to keep all ages busy.
Tickets for the Devonshire Cream Tea are $10.00. The Children’s Tea, which includes a show/workshop presented by POW! Science! is $5.00 per child. Tickets may be purchased on the day or in advance at the church office Monday through Friday from 9:00am until 4:00pm.
Admission to the Garden Party is free and open to the public, and all venues are handicapped-accessible. There is something for everyone and all ages are welcome! The proceeds from the Garden Party help support our outreach ministries to local charities.
- The Devonshire Cream Tea, of course.
- A plant and garden booth.
- A Treasure Trove of gently used items plus a Toy Shoppe with children’s goods.
- Books, CD’s and DVD’s.
- The Plentiful Pantry, featuring locally baked goods and gourmet delights.
- The Chapel Flower Festival. This year’s theme is Tea at a Certain Fictitious English Country House, so come see how both halves live.
- Children’s games, pony rides, a petting zoo and a Junior raffle with a $250 Apple Gift Card
- A Silent Auction with an array of generously donated goods and services.
- A raffle with exciting prizes, including a Bic Sport Tobago Kayak and a Raleigh Detour 3.5 provided by Pedal Power
- The Children’s Tea, Pow! Science! will enlighten and entertain with chemistry. Your kids will be amazed by our color-changing, foaming, fizzing experiments! Led by Eric of Pow! Science!, messes will be made, mini rockets will blast all over the tent and we’ll finish by shooting a geyser of soda skyward! All perfectly safe, we promise. Showtime is 2:30pm in the children’s tent.
- Marvelous Marvin's Circus Arts Workshop from 2:30pm to 4pm
For additional information, please call the chapel at 401.847.5571 or visit www.stcolumbaschapel.org.