Everyone remembers that one stand-out favorite teacher who made you want to stand on the desk and yell "Oh, captain my captain."
Have you ever wished years later that you took the time to just say "thanks?"
Here's a few good bets for ways to say thank you during Teacher Appreciation Week:
- Barnes & Noble Gift Card: It's no secret that teachers spend a lot of their own money on classroom items. A gift card to will help them add some favorite books to their classroom or pick out a little something for their own summer reading list.
- Plants: Pick out a perennial plant (they come back each year) so that your teacher will remember how much you meant to them each year when it comes into bloom. has a great selection for both indoors and out.
- Beach Chair: School's out for summer! Let your favorite teacher know that you realize how hard they work and that you hope they get to dig their feet into the local beaches for some relaxation this summer. always has a good selection.
- Restaurant Gift Certificate: Give your teacher the night off from grading papers, or at least cooking dinner, with a gift certificate to a local restaurant. , the , or are always good bets.
- Class Picture: Get your class together and snap a picture of the group. Then head to Michaels Craft Store where you can pick up a photo matte on which everyone can write a personal note to the teacher and a frame to package it all nicely.