.

Fire on Third Beach Road Reported a 'Total Loss'

A fire that broke out early this morning has been declared a "total loss" by Fire Chief Ron Doire

A fire that broke out this morning around 3:50 a.m. at 379 Third Beach Rd.,  has resulted in a “total loss,” said Fire Chief Ronald Doire.  The building was a barn that had been converted into two apartments and a storage area. 

Doire said although there were two males in the building when the fire broke out, there were no reported injuries.

“Fortunately, they were very lucky,’ the Chief said.

The fire is currently under investigation, although Doire said it appears to have started with propane that was found in the storage area.  The occupants told the fire department a strange smell woke them up at approximately 3:30 a.m.

“They said they checked the garbage and litter box,” said Doire.  They went back to bed and then heard a large explosion about 15 minutes later.  They found the fire in the storage area next to the apartments, but they were unable to put out the flames. 

Doire said by the time the department arrived on scene, the fire was fully engaged.

Philip Rondina, who owns and lives adjacent to the property is a retired firefighter. Doire said a 1937 fire truck was also destroyed in the fire.

Patch will continue to bring you updates as they are made available.

Michelle plisek June 17, 2012 at 04:35 PM
Very sad event. Thank you everyone is safe.
Anomie June 17, 2012 at 10:05 PM
This is my friend! I am so glad they are safe, but to loose everything like this is devastating! I can not even imagine!
Leah June 18, 2012 at 10:04 PM
That is my best friend Jordan's Dad's barn! 3 baby ducks died, she told me their names. Also, 3 cats died. I am so sorry for her, and to think it happened on Father's Day!! I'm so glad the people are safe, but the loss of the animals caused her to cry so much. Love is sent from my heart to them.
Leah June 18, 2012 at 10:05 PM
I completely agree. It's so sad. Love to them.
John W. Daniels, Jr. June 19, 2012 at 02:28 AM
Philip Rhondina, this is John Daniels, i am so sorry to hear of the fire and the lose of that barn, the barn brings back fond memories. See you in August, take care, much love to family. John W. Daniels, Jr.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something