A Middletown laundromat re-opened Tuesday after a fire broke out Monday morning.
The was called to in the Stop and Shop Plaza on West Main Road around 8:30 on Monday morning for a report of a fire.
Middletown Fire Captain Adam Westman said when the department arrived, there was a moderate amount of smoke emitting from the building. The fire started in a dryer possibly due to a defective or overloaded dryer, said Westman.
"It was pretty smoked up," said Westman about the laundromat.
The department was able to extinguish the fire immediately, but inspectors kept the business closed to ensure it was safe, said the Captain.