- Vincent Slaninka, 32, of 8 Halsey Ave., was arrested on Saturday Jan. 26, on an active bench warrant charge after police spotted him as they searched for a suspect involved with a car break-in at 38 Sherman Lane. Slaninka was riding his bicycle when police recognized him and knew about his outstanding warrant from the Cranston Police Department. Police found the suspect, 18-year-old Asher Hamilton, who was allegedly involved with the car break-in. To read more about that story, click here.
- Amir Vasquez, 33, of West Admiralty Dr., was arrested on Thursday, Jan. 24 around 9:45 p.m. on charges of domestic disorderly conduct. He allegedly came to his sister-in-law's house to get the keys to his wife's car. The sister, an 18-year-old Middletown woman, told police Vasquez was separated from his sister and he was not allowed to use the car. Vasquez allegedly became enraged and threw her items all over the room, took a knife from the kitchen and said he was going to slash the tires.
Vasquez told officers he used the knife to let the air out of the tires, but had no intention of slashing them.
- Alexander Malkov, 29, of 26 Catherine St. Newport, was arrested on Wednesday Jan. 23 around 1:40 a.m. on disorderly conduct charges. A bartender at Brewskis called to complain that Malkov would not leave the premises. She said he was banging on the front door and she was afraid to leave the bar.
When police arrived, he was reportedly confrontational and refused to leave, which is when police put him under arrest. His passport listed two names, Alexander Markov and Alexander Malkov.
Cross-agency checked turned up he had four aliases under his criminal history. In 2010, he was detained in Providence as a deportable alien. He was secured until his status could be confirmed through immigration.
- Thaddeus Wadsworth, 36, of 1 Farnum Ter. was arrested on Wednesday Jan. 23, around 1:58 a.m. on charges of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. Police responded to Dominos Pizza on West Main Road for a complaint that a drunk man was inside. Police said Wadsworth appeared to be heavily intoxicated, did not respond to questioning and pulled back when police tried to put him in handcuffs.
- Thomas Dyer, 32, of 7 Pleasant Street, Providence, was arrested on Monday around 1:30 a.m. on an active bench warrant charge. Dyer was the passenger of a car, which was stopped because the driver nor Dyer were wearing a seatbelt, said police.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something