- On May 6, it was announced that all Middletown schools have been assessed as making “adequate yearly progress” based on their standardized testing score results from last Fall.
- Middletown Public Schools have announced plans for their Extended Learning Opportunities Program for grades K through 12 and Summer Enrichment Program for grades K through 8. For details and registration forms, go to www.mpsri.net.
- New student registration for all students not currently enrolled in Middletown Public Schools is open. To register, parents need to call the administration office at 849-2122 to make an appointment. The child being registered does not need to be present. Appointments are available from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Registration forms can be found online.
- The School Committee will meet at 7 p.m. on Thursday, May 19 in the Oliphant Administration Building.
- The Middletown Education Collaborative (MEC) is sponsoring Wear Yellow to School Day on Friday, May 20 to promote the MEC Duck Race on July 7. And all those who sell ten duck sponsorships in the month of May will be entered to win an iPad. See attached information.
MIDDLETOWN HIGH SCHOOL
- Fourth quarter interims for grades 9 through 12 will take place Monday, May 16 through Friday, May 20.
- The MHS Junior Breakfast will take place from 8 to 11 a.m. on Friday, May 20 at the Middletown .
- The MHS Junior Prom will take place from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m. on Friday, May 20 at the .
- Brown University’s high school summer program is now accepting applications. The program is open to all high school students and will be held from July 5 to July 27. For more information and application info, go to www.brown.edu.
- Last chance for college scholarships! There are three scholarship application deadlines that have not yet passed but that are quickly approaching. Check out the complete listing of the scholarships, where to find the applications, and their deadlines here.
GAUDET MIDDLE SCHOOL
- NECAP testing make-ups for N. Tools will be held for grades 4 through 8 on Monday, May 16.
- NECAP testing for grade 4 will take place on Tuesday, May 17.
- Gaudet State Technology Testing for grade 8 will take place on Tuesday and Wednesday, May 17-18.
- The Builder’s Club will meet from 2:15 to 3:15 p.m. on Tuesday, May 17. This community service program is presented by the Kiwanis Club in an effort to teach students the benefits of giving back to their community and will continue through May 25. This program is free and open to GMS students in grades 5 through 8. Registration is required. For more information, contact Carmela Geer at email@example.com or 418-0071.
- Mentors for the Moment will meet after school in the GMS Library on Tuesday, May 17 and Thursday, May 19. Members of the MHS National Honor Society will be on hand to help students in grades 5 through 8 with homework. Computer access will also be available. Registration is required. For more information, contact Carmela Geer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grade 4 students will listen to guest speaker Dr. Raymond C. Dyer on Native Americans and Folktales on Friday, May 20.
- A Rhode Island Blood Center blood drive in honor of Aquidneck School pre-kindergarten student Katelyn Bailey will be held from 3 to 7 p.m. Monday, May 16 in the school gymnasium.
FOREST AVENUE SCHOOL
- A special Lucy’s Hearth and homelessness presentation will be held at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, May 18.
- NWEA testing will take place on Thursday, May 19.
- The last Forest Avenue Popcorn Day will be held on Friday, May 20.
ALL SAINTS ACADEMY
- The ASA Dad’s Club will host a golf tournament at Green Valley Country Club on Friday, May 20.
THIS WEEK’S MIDDLETOWN SPORTS HOME GAME SCHEDULE:
- The Gaudet Middle School (GMS) Baseball Team will go to bat against the Jamestown Lawn School at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 17.
- The Middletown High School (MHS) Varsity Golf Team will compete against Barrington High School at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 17.
- The GMS Softball Team will compete against Martin Middle School at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 17.
- The GMS Softball Team will compete against St. Teresa School at 3:30 p.m. Thursday, May 19.
- The MHS Boys Varsity Tennis Team will compete against Narragansett High School at 3:30 p.m. Thursday, May 19.
- The MHS Boys Varsity Baseball Team will compete against Tiverton High School at 4 p.m. Thursday, May 19.
- The MHS Girls Varsity Softball Team will compete against Narragansett High School at 4 p.m. Thursday, May 19.
- The MHS Boys Varsity Baseball Team will compete against East Greenwich High School at 12:30 p.m. Saturday, May 21.
Contact the Middletown School Department to confirm all dates and times.