Aquidneck Elementary School
Aquidneck Elementary School, classified as a "high-performing school" by the Rhode Island Department of Education, offers Pre-K to Grade 3 instruction less than a mile from one of New England's top-five beaches.
The elementary school has a dynamic staff that continually challenges and supports the students. In addition to standards-based instruction in reader/writer workshops, Everyday Math, and Science (K.I.T.E.S.), students enjoy co-curricular classes in art, music, physical education and library that meet once every six days. Third-grade students may participate in the school recorder program. Students also have the use of a state-of-the art computer lab that integrates technology into their curriculum.
Several after-school programs such as the Homework Club, After the Bell Reading and Robotics are available for student participation.
Additonal information about Aquidneck Elementary School can be found at the following:
- Fax: 401-846-7010
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:30am - 2:40pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Public/Private: Public
- Parking: Free lot
- How engaged is the school with the community?: We have a fabulous Parent-Teacher Group that sponsors all kinds of wonderful programs, field trips, and socials for our students to enjoy. There are also many opportunities for parents to become involved with their child's educational experiences.
- What makes this community special?: The mission of the Aquidneck Elementary School is to provide a comprehensive and safe educational environment that is learner-centered, enabling all students to build a strong foundation for future learning.
- Grade levels: PreK-3
- Features: Computer lab, Library, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Everyday Math, and Science (K.I.T.E.S.), school recorder program, Homework Club, After the Bell Reading and Robotic Club.
- Sports teams: Physical education co-curricular classes.
- Student clubs: Everyday Math, and Science (K.I.T.E.S.), co-curricular classes in art, music, physical education and library, school recorder program, Homework Club, After the Bell Reading and Robotics Club.