Calvary United Methodist Church
With local roots dating back to 1857, including a 1973 merger between churches in Newport and Middletown, today's Calvary United Methodist Church on Tucker Road serves the needs of Aquidneck Island from a spacious facility where rolling farmland, suburban neighborhoods and coastal breezes meet.
Reverend Lynn M. McCracken is the Pastor who oversees a long and comprehensive list of spiritual programs and services aimed at meeting the needs of the congregation and community. Programs include: Sunday worship; Sunday school classes for ages 3 through adult; Junior Church for children ages 3 to grade 3; prayer breakfast the first Wednesday of the month at 7 am; Wednesday evening Bible Study; Sundaynursery; choir; coffee hour; and more.
Annual events include a holiday bazaar, picnic, Easter breakfast, yard sale and spaghetti dinner and several community outreach programs work independently and partner with other local organizations to assist hospice patients, the homeless, battered women, the hungry and more.
Calvary Christian Pre-School is also located at this facility.
Sunday Worship Schedule:
- 9am Sunday School for all ages
- 9:30am Contemporary Hymn Sing
- 9:45am Traditional Worship Service
- 10:30am Coffee and Fellowship
- Fax: (401) 847-0234
- Hours: Sunday Worship Schedule: - 9am Sunday School for all ages - 9:30am Contemporary Hymn Sing - 9:45am Traditional Worship Service - 10:30am Coffee and Fellowship * Church Office Hours: Mon - Fri, 9am - 2pm
- Handicap Accessible: See photos
- Founding Date: Jan 01 1857
- Parking: Free lot
- Denomination: Methodist
- Services: Child care, Choir/music programs, Study groups, Youth programs