Forest Avenue School
Forest Avenue School, which serves Pre-K to Grade 4 students, has been classified as a high-performing school by the Rhode Island Department of Education.
A warm and friendly atmosphere and outstanding staff continually challenges and supports the students through such initiatives as standards-based instruction in reader/writer workshops, everyday math, science clubs and more. Kids can participate in art, music, physical education and library meetings which all take place once every six days.
Fourth grade students also take part in a school chorus that performs holiday and spring concerts. Students also have access to a state-of-the art computer lab.
After school, student may participate in programs such as the B.U.G. (Bringing Up Grades in Reading, Writing, and Math) Club, Art Club, and Foreign Language.
The Forest Avenue Parent-Teacher Group actively supports the school's instructional program and enhances community relations. The group holds fund-raising activities, as well as school programs and family events throughout the school year. All money raised by this organization directly benefit and support the students of Forest Avenue School.
More information about the Forest Avenue School can be found at: http://www.ri.net/middletown/forest/principal/index.html
To view the school's Report Card, visit: http://www.mpsri.net/page.cfm?p=1600
- Fax: 401-846-4709
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:35am - 2:45pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Number of students: 260
- Public/Private: Public
- Parking: Free lot
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Students, parents and the community work together to create a safe and supportive environment that fosters curiosity, creativity, caring and a love of learning.
- What makes this community special?: We have a fabulous Parent-Teacher Group which sponsors all kinds of wonderful programs, field trips and socials for our students to enjoy. There are many opportunities for parents to become involved!
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: PreK-4
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Cafeteria, Library
- Extracurricular activities available: Several after-school programs include the B.U.G. (Bringing Up Grades in Reading, Writing, and Math) Club, Art Club, and Foreign Language.
- Student clubs: Several after-school programs include the B.U.G. (Bringing Up Grades in Reading, Writing, and Math) Club, Art Club, and Foreign Language.
- Age range: Pre-K-4th Grade, call for more Pre-K details.
- Uniforms: No