Joseph H. Gaudet Middle School
A Regents Commended School, the Joseph H. Gaudet Middle School consistently ranks higher than the state average in academic achievement.
The school's mission, according to its website, is to create a nurturing, safe, learner-centered educational community in which each student will have equal opportunity to become responsible, respectful, reflective, knowledgeable, literate and successful.
A sprawling hilltop campus adjacent to an impressive athletic complex of ball fields, track & field facilities, tennis courts, basketball courts, and a modern and well-groomed playground for younger kids provides ample athletic and leisure opportunities for the roughly 750 students in grades 5 through 8.
The Gaudet Middle School last year integrated Grade 5 into the facility following the closure of JFK Elementary School. Grade 4 shares the same facility under the name Joseph H. Gaudet Learning Academy.
The Joseph H. Gaudet Middle School Report Card is available at: http://www.ride.ri.gov/RIDE/Data.aspx
- Fax: 401-847-7580
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:45am - 2:10pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Number of students: 749
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 1:11
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 68
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Parent-Teacher's Group, health services, various student activities, student work showcase, student newspaper, Middletown educational collaborative, child opportunity zones (COZ), planetarium
- What makes this community special?: An involved Parent-Teachers Group. For more information, visit: http://www.ri.net/middletown/gaudet/ptg/index.html
- Grade levels: 5-8
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Art club, computer club, drama club, mock trial student council, student newspaper, yearbook
- Student clubs: Art club, computer club, drama club, mock trial student council, student newspaper, yearbook
- Sports teams: Basketball, baseball, softball, wrestling, cross country