Middletown Town Hall
Centrally located in the heart of town, Middletown Town Hall is where local government keeps things running for this town of less than 18,000 people and where residents may do business with the town. Catch a live Town Council meeting on the first or third Monday of each month, pull a permit or submit a building application with the Building and Zoning office, pay taxes at the convenient Collection window, register to vote with the Canvassing Clerk, or meet the hard-working Town Administrator. And if it's necessary to pull a special event permit, get licensed to own a pet, marry, or become a Funeral Director, obtain vital records or access public information, the Town Clerk's office offers these services and more.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 4pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Ramp access on both sides of building; elevator to second-floor offices
- Founding Date: Jan 01 1743
- What makes this community special?: Incorporated in 1743, Middletown is among Rhode Island's earliest settlements and offers a diverse cultural heritage, well ranked schools, and an outstanding quality of life. Middletown's shoreline is ranked among the top five New England beaches.
- Services: Town Administrator, Town Council, Town Clerk, Marriage licenses, Animal Licensing, Vital Records, Funeral Home Director licensing, Tax Assessor, Voter Registration, Building and Zoning, Human Resources, town committee applications
- Parking: Free lot
- Public restrooms: Yes