Town of Middletown Building & Zoning Dept.
Middletown's Building Department sets out to ensure the health, safety and well-being of town residents by implementating and enforcing state building codes, minimum housing codes and the Town Zoning Ordinance. The Building Department also directs applicants for any building project through the requirements of zoning, the permitting process, plan review and the necessary inspections for any given project.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 4pm; Sat - Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: There are automatic push-button doors at the entrances located on both sides of the parking lot. An elevator provides access to the 2nd floor.
- Founding Date: Jan 01 1743
- What makes this community special?: Incorporated in 1743, Middletown is among Rhode Island's earliest settlements and offers a diverse cultural heritage, well ranked schools and an outstanding quality of life. Middletown's shoreline is ranked among the Top 5 New England Beaches.
- Services: Zoning ordinance and subdivision regulations implementation and enforcement, directs permitting fees, processes online permits and more. For more details, please visit http://www.middletownri.com/departments/building_zoning.php
- Parking: Free lot
- Public restrooms: Yes