Town of Middletown Parks & Recreation Department
Fun-in-the-sun is a tough job, but someone's got to do it.
In Middletown, this job falls squarely on the shoulders of the Parks & Recreation Department, its reach extending beyond the upkeep and organization of all the parks and leagues around town to Sachuest Beach and Second Beach Family Campground, youth summer camp, community events, Helping Hands community volunteers and more. Among other things, the Parks & Recreation Department also oversees certain special event permits, including private events with 100 or more in attendance. For more information, please visit the website.
- Fax: (401) 845-0400
- Hours: Town Hall: Mon - Fri, 8am - 4pm
- Handicap Accessible: Main entrance from parking lot
- Founding Date: Jan 01 1743
- What makes this community special?: Incorporated in 1743, Middletown is among Rhode Island's earliest settlements and offers a diverse cultural heritage, well ranked schools and an outstanding quality of life. Middletown's shoreline is ranked among the Top Five New England Beaches.
- Services: Special event permits for 100 guests in attendance, Sachuest Beach, campground, summer day camp, youth leagues and organizations, Helping Hands volunteers
- Parking: Free lot
- Public restrooms: Yes