U.S. Veterans Administration Medical Center -- Middletown Community-Based Outpatient Clinic
The Middletown Community-Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) opened November 13, 2000, to provide comprehensive primary health care to U.S. military veterans residing in Newport, Bristol and Washington counties. Patients are assigned a primary care provider who coordinates all health care needs through the medical center's 32 subspecialty clinics.
- Primary Health Care: Patients retain their own health care provider, who coordinates health care needs within the VA New England Healthcare System.
- Mental Health Services: Social workers and mental health professionals provide psychosocial evaluations, individual, group and family counseling, and substance abuse counseling. Assistance can be provided to access local community resources.
- Pharmacy: All prescriptions for medications are transmitted by computer to the Providence VA Medical Center daily and then mailed directly to the patient's home. Refills are obtained either by sending a signed refill slip to the Providence VA Medical Center or by phone. The clinic also works with a local pharmacy to provide emergency prescriptions.
For more information on how to enroll in the Middletown Community-Based Outpatient Clinic, please call patient services at (401) 457-3300 or the Telephone Assistant Point (TAP) line at (401) 457-3336.
- Fax: 401-847-8057
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 4:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: Handicapped access at street level, main entrance, east lot
- Founding Date: Nov 13 2000
- Services: Primary health care, mental health services, pharmacy
- Parking: Free lot
- Public restrooms: Yes
- Primary care services: Yes
- Type: General, Psychiatric, Veteran